Portable Environmental Particulate Air Monitor
The EPAM-5000 portable environmental PM monitor provides real-time determinations and data recordings using interchangeable size-selective impactors for PM10, PM2.5, and PM1.0; measures TSP without impactor.
The Haz-Dust EPAM-5000 is a portable microprocessor based particulate monitor suitable for ambient, environmental, and indoor air quality investigations and baseline surveys. Highly sensitive, this monitor uses light scattering to measure particle concentration and provide immediate real-time determinations and data recordings of airborne particle concentration in mg/m3 .
Interchangeable size-selective impactors allow PM10, PM2.5, and PM1.0 monitoring; TSP measuring does not require an impactor.
The EPAM-5000’s unique aerodynamic particle sizing and 47-mm in-line filter holder loaded with appropriate filter provide concurrent gravimetric sampling. Sample for up to 24 hours on one battery and store up to 15 months of monitoring data. Download and store sampling data on a PC for further analysis using included DustComm Pro Software. Trend analysis and reporting can also be generated. The EPAM-5000 offers a network software option for Windows.
- Fast, easy setup
- Highly sensitive: 0.001 to 20.0 mg/m3 for particles 0.1 to 100 μm ; Optional 0.01 to 200 mg/m3 and 0.10 to 2000 mg/m3 ranges available
- Highly accurate: Accuracy ± 10% filter gravimetric SAE fine test dust
- Ideal for saturation sampling
- Internal 4 L/min sample pump
- Unique aerodynamic particle-sizing real-time sensor: Optional EPA FRM-style cassette holder for gravimetric reference
- Immediate display and data storage
- Internal temperature compensation for ambient use
- Interchangeable size-selective impactors for EPA parameters: PM10, PM2.5, and PM1.0; measures TSP without impactor
- Rechargeable lead-acid battery for up to 24-hour operation: Continuous monitoring with AC adapter
- Easy four-key menu driven operation
- Stores up to 15 months of data: RS-232 digital output
- DustComm Pro data analysis/reporting software included
- Portable and compact
- Real-time clock and data display
- 90-dB alarm siren
- Temperature controlled enclosure accessory available
- Quantifying off-site particulate migration
- Surveying for PM2.5, PM10, and PM1.0
- Monitoring dust generation during drilling and excavation
- Evaluating dust suppression and engineering controls
- Locating and identifying “hot spots”
- Emergency response and fugitive emissions compliance
- Determining level of respiratory protection
- Survey of workplace for OSHA/EPA compliance
- Evaluating worker exposure to airborne contaminants
- Dust collector/ventilation system checks
- Monitoring lung-damaging particles in factories and buildings