Portable Piezobalance Dust Monitor
The Kanomax Piezobalance Dust Monitor 3521/3522 is a unique respirable aerosol monitor, providing direct mass concentration of particulates using PIEZOBALANCE technology; ideal especially for oil mist monitoring. The Kanomax 3521 is equipped with 4 and 10µm impactors while the 3522 is equipped with a 2.5µm impactor.
Unlike conventional dust meters, which count particles, a piezobalance dust meter like the 3521 or 3522 “weighs” mass concentration of particulates. As an air sample enters the system, it travels through the impactor, which captures and removes larger particulates away from the sample. Smaller particulates become electrically charged and deposited on the piezo-crystal. The total mass of the deposited particulates affects the piezo-crystal’s frequency. Since the change in frequency is proportional to the mass of the particulates, the actual weight of the particulates is obtained.
- Measures PM 10, Respirable, or PM 2.5 particle matters
- Real-time measurements of dust concentration
- Data logging up to 500 measurements
- Simple cleaning mechanism for easy maintenance
- Complete with data processing software, RS 232C cable, cleaning kit, Ni-MH battery pack, AC adapter, carrying case and calibration certificate
- Oil Mist Monitoring
- Automotive Engineering Area Monitoring