Laboratory Total Organic Carbon (TOC) Analyzer
The TOC-L series of TOC analyzers adopts the 680°C combustion catalytic oxidation method, which was developed by Shimadzu and is now used worldwide.
While providing an ultra wide range of 4 μg/L to 30,000 mg/L, these analyzers boast a detection limit of 4 μg/L through coordination with NDIR. This is the highest level of detection sensitivity available with the combustion catalytic oxidation method.
In addition, the combustion catalytic oxidation method makes it possible to efficiently oxidize not only easily-decomposed, low-molecular-weight organic compounds, but also hard-to-decompose insoluble and macromolecular organic compounds.
TN Unit with TOC: [Perform Simultaneous TOC and TN Measurements]
Analyze gas and solid samples as well as liquids with measurements over a wide range from 4μg/L to 4000 mg/L, Simultaneous measurement of Total Organic Carbon &Total Nitrogen.720 °C catalytic thermal decomposition/chemiluminescence methods are adopted for TN measurement. There is no interference from metallic ions or bromine in sea water.Measurements over a wide range with a detection limit of 5 μg/L for TOC-LC*H to an upper limit of 10,000 mg/L.(In the case of simultaneous TOC/TN measurement, TOC analysis using high-sensitivity catalysts is impossible. TN measurement is not possible in combination with the SSM-5000A.)
SSM with TOC: [ Capable of TOC Measurements in Solid Samples ]
Combining the Solid Sample combustion unit with a TOC analyzer permits analysis of many solid samples in addition aqueous samples, including soil, sludge, and sediments.
Measurement of maximum 1 g samples with up to 30 mg carbon content reduces weighing errors, and errors due to uneven distribution of the sample carbon content(The SSM-5000A cannot measure sea water samples and sea bottom sediment samples containing much salt.)Measurement of inorganic carbon (carbonate) in solid samples.(TN measurement is not available with the SSM-5000A.)Measurement of aqueous samples containing large quantities of suspended substances.
Simply change the onscreen settings to switch between aqueous sample measurement with the TOC-L, and solid sample measurement using the SSM-5000A
Extremely wide measurement range from 4 μg/L to 30,000 mg/L, applicable to everything from ultrapure water to highly contaminated water （TOC-LCSH/CPH）
- Capable of TC, IC, TOC (= TC-IC), and NPOC measurement; options enable POC (volatile organic carbon), TOC via POC + NPOC, and even TN (total nitrogen) measurements
- The blank check function evaluates system blanks by measuring ultrapure water processed automatically within the instrument
- The automatic dilution function enables measurements up to 30,000 mg/L
Reliable sample injection system
- Automatic sample acidification and sparging
- The automatic dilution function reduces sample salinity, acidity, and alkalinity, significantly extending the period of use of catalysts and combustion tubes (The period of use depends on the sample and measurement conditions.)
- Stat or priority samples can be added at anytime to the analysis schedule without interrupting operation even when an autosampler is used
Select from 4 models to suit your application
- The TOC-L series consists of a high-sensitivity model with a detection limit of 4 μg/L, making it suitable for a variety of applications, including pure water measurements, and a standard model designed with cost performance in mind. Each analyzer is available as an LCD and keyboard-equipped standalone model, or as a PC-controlled model.
- In addition, the USB format has been adopted as the external interface, enhancing the equipment’s versatility. Even the standalone models are capable of output to a general-purpose PC printer or to a USB memory stick.
Options to further enhance functionality
- With the TOC-L series, numerous options enable a variety of functional enhancements. These include simultaneous measurement of TOC and TN (total nitrogen) (when a TN unit is added), the use of compressor air (when a carrier gas purification kit is added), and the measurement of gas samples and solid samples (when a gas sample injection kit and solid sample combustion unit are added).
- Sea water sample measurement and small sample volume options have also been enhanced.
Space-saving and energy-saving design
- The width of the instrument is 20 % less in comparison with conventional Shimadzu models. This enables more effective use of laboratory space. The instrument width is unchanged even when the TN unit is added.
This product conforms with Shimadzu’s ECO labeled product.
- Energy Saving: Power consumption reduced by 36 % (100 V) and 43 % (200 V) as compared to a conventional Shimadzu product. (Assuming 8 hours operation/day × 5 days/week)
- Waste water management in accordance with ISO 14001
- TOC Measurement in Tap Water is mandatory in some countries, 5ppm is the limit.
- Metro water works, Municipalities, Panchayati Raj for drinking water treatment plants performance check and quality monitoring
- Water quality control in water purification plants and feed water
- Detecting organic content in processed drinking water has a major role to meet the Disinfectant & Disinfection by products final rule (DBPR) to acquire % of organic removal
- Measurement of TOC in boiler water
- TOC measurement in soil, sludge and sediments
- Process control of the organic content in water at all types of industries (washing, rinsing, cooling, circulating, and other plant water)