Multi Spectrum Black Carbon Analyzer
The Met One Instruments BC 1054 Multi-spectrum Black Carbon Analyzer continuously measures the transmittance of light across filter media onto which particulate matter is accumulating and in real-time calculates the black-carbon “BC” concentrations at 10 different wavelengths ranging from the near-UV to the near-IR. By employing the same widely accepted calibration constants and principles of operation as those used in the Magee Aethalometer, the BC-1054 produces nearly identical results, but at a fraction of the cost.
BC 1054 will directly connect to a variety of products, such as the BAM-1020, discrete particle size and counting modules, or a wide array of meteorological sensor inputs.
- Tape-Saving mode for economical collection of data in high BC regions
- Optional cloud-based modem and data service permits collected data to be uploaded and stored on the Web
- Data access in near real time remotely without the need for an external data logger
- The simple sensor design requires no flow splitting, employs a single mass flow controller and is well matched for use with the filter media
- Flow checks, audits and trouble-shooting are simple to perform
- Actual flows are measured
- Concentrations are calculated under actual flow conditions but may be displayed in either actual or standard conditions
- Environmental Monitoring & Climate Research
- Air Quality Surveillance
- Global Warming Studies
- Particulate Emissions Studies
- Near-Roadside Monitoring
- Visibility Studies
- Source Apportionment Determination
- Angstrom Absorption Exponent Determination etc.